Monday, January 23, 2012

My MP story...from finding out it was a MP to now

8/25/11-On this day I got a phone call from my Dr that they wanted to move my follow-up appointment for my D&C up since they got the pathology reports back. I was terrified because obviously something must have been wrong in order for them to want to move my appointment.

8/26/11-The official news that the pathology revealed molar cells. I was surprisingly at ease with this knowledge even though this was my worst fear prior to the appointment. I guess fear of the unknown really is the worst thing for me.

8/29/11-Found out my HCG dropped from over 120,000 prior to D&C to 587 on 8/26. Happy for the drop but still anxious for future numbers.

9/12/11-This was a larger gap than I meant to have due to being super sick with a sinus infection and fever. When I got the antibiotic from the Dr. at urgent care I'm sure they thought it was the weirdest thing that I was asking if it would affect HCG level. Also, it was difficult to get enough blood due to the antibiotic. Anyway, HCG was down to 28. I was ecstatic considering I was hoping for under 100.

9/25/11-My first cycle came and I have to say the first time I was ever excited for that. Yes nothing is sacred on here.
9/29/11-Follow-up ultrasound reveals that there is no evidence of retained tissue and all the ovarian cysts are gone. The ultrasound technician wrote the Dr. a "little love note" that everything was back to normal. Did I mention I really like the staff at my OB/GYN office.

10/3/11-Nurse left a message that my HCG was considered negative :)

10/14/11-Played phone tag with a nurse that wouldn't leave my numbers on my answering machine even though I signed a release for that. She had me freaked out that I had gone back up, but thankfully it hadn't. She informed me this was the last of my "weeklies". I asked what the number was and she said 2, she also said the last draw was 5.

1/12/12-Five months to the day of my D&C I have my last follow-up at the Dr. provided my HCG is negative.

1/19/12-I finally got around to calling the Dr. I'm still negative WOOHOO!! So now I just have to wait for my short-term disability insurance to kick in and we are back on the TTC wagon.

No comments:

Post a Comment