Monday, January 16, 2012

Happy Birthday to my Wonderful Husband

Our little snowman family from last year's birthday present

There have been a lot of ups and downs over the course of the last year, but through it all my husband has been nothing but supportive and awesome. For this I am so thankful. There have been times when I was a sobbing hormonal mess and times when I have been mad at the world and easily irritated. He even did dishes for like a month straight when we found out about my latest loss, as I waited to m/c and after my D&C. Although I am not proud to admit how I have been, I am proud that Jay made a difficult time easier. All these characteristics that he has will make him a good father someday. As I bought a card from him this weekend from the dogs (yes I am that person), I struggled with what to write on it. Do I include anything about the babies we lost or not. I got to thinking I would be full term tomorrow, so this became a bittersweet day for me. For now though, I have chosen to have today be full of the positives. I am thinking of the happy times and the laughing times.

And I leave you with a cake story (I'd include a picture, but my writing skills on the cake weren't too good this year). Every year Jay asks for a Funfetti cake without fail. Of course I make one for him although it is quite boring in my opinion. Anyway, did you know that Betty Crocker actually calls the cake "rainbow party chip". We had quite the laugh last night about the fact we were having a "rainbow party chip" cake, which included some off-collar humor otherwise I would post it here. I almost died laughing, and I love that even when I'm grumpy the hubby can make me laugh.

No comments:

Post a Comment