Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Happy Birthday

Today was my estimated delivery date for my first pregnancy. I took the day off from work since the other week I had a random regression of grumpiness that I thought was related to the loss. I was pleasantly surprised that today was refreshingly not bad. While, not bad other than the fact I got a nasty hormonal headache yesterday and got to deal with the remnants of a headache and stomach upset. Due to some irritating insurance issues that are a whole other post, I ended up visiting my husband at work for lunch, which was nice.

I choose to believe in signs, and I got one yesterday. So, back in the beginning of Oct. I was on hold with the Dr. office trying to schedule appointments. I usually go outside to do this as I don't get cell phone reception in the building and I don't like calling with the nosy people in the pod. While I was outside and on hold forever I came upon some clovers and found two separate 4-leaf clovers.

I stuck them in my desk in a book where they have been for 4 months. From time to time I've remembered them (when I was at home), but kept forgetting to bring them home and I haven't needed the book for anything. Yesterday, one fell out onto my desk. Also, my second EDD was St. Patrick's day. Weird little signs if you ask me.



I really just took time to slow down and be present today, which was really a nice gift to me. I am fairly certain that my husband has no clue what today is and that is okay with me. I know he wasn’t sure why I took off work other than that I have a ton of days off. After today being so nice though, I may have to make it a yearly tradition for awhile.

Today is also DH’s grandmother’s birthday. From everything I’ve heard she was an amazing woman. I did get to see a little bit of her spunky side, but this was only when I was first dating J. Even then it was nothing compared to her former self as she had Alzheimer’s for several years before I met her. This is her second birthday not on earth. Happy Birthday Marie, I hope you are doing well up above with your lost loved one. I would like to imagine our lost little one up there celebrating with his/her great grandmother.

Also, thinking of another friend today. Happy birthday to Steph! I can’t leave her out of the birthday goodness.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment